Black Swan can help make your next event a tremendous success. We can provide our standard eight-piece Dixieland ensemble or any number of smaller combos that will match the size and purpose of the occasion. For most events we can provide and run our own sound system (very large venues may require a third party sound and light service provider). Included below is information you likely need to make an informed decision.
- Download the Band's promotional brochure in PDF format.
- Listen to audio clips from several BSCJB albums
- For schedule availability and bookings, contact:
- Download high-resolution photos of the band
Information We Need
To help you determine an appropriate music budget, we also need certain information. Principally:
- Size of venue and number of guests?
- Nature of performance (dance, concert, featured music, background music, Mardi Gras theme, etc.)?
- Number of musicians (full ensemble or a smaller combo)?
- Sound system provided?
- Tuned acoustic piano available?
- Distance from Portland?
- Length of performance and total time committed?
- Special requests?
- Private or public event?
The Black Swan Classic Jazz Band recognizes that it must satisfy the interests of many individuals at its performances. These include the audience, volunteers, event organizers, composers and musicians, current and future. We judge our performance a success when both guests and sponsors feel pleased and gratified on leaving the hall. Our goal is to help you profit from the experiencepersonally, financially or both.
Learn how we can help make your event a winning experience for all:
- The basic principles and approach we bring to every performance are embodied in Our Mission Statement
- Specific promotional efforts we can provide to assist you are described in Marketing Activities
- We discuss other ways that we can help ensure your event is a success in Benefits We Bring
Black Swan publishes our public performance schedule on our web site and in several publications. We suggest that you insert a listing in performance calendars at your local newspapers, radio stations and Internet entertainment sites as well to drive up attendance at your event? Publications that support Dixieland and jazz music are also reasonable and effective: