Ongoing and special marketing activities by the BSCJB include:
- American Rag. We advertise the band's upcoming schedule (including your event) every month in the West Coast's most popular traditional jazz news paper. Display ads of all sizes can also be arranged if desired.
- Newsletter. We publish a newsletter periodically detailing Black Swan activities and upcoming events, and mail it to members of our 1700 person mailing list.
- KMHD Radio. We provide regular announcements of Black Swan performances on the weekly traditional jazz program broadcast at 9:00 am Saturday and Sunday in the Portland metro area. In addition, Black Swan recordings are frequently heard on this popular radio show.
- Press Releases. We submit press releases to local media advertising your event when you provide contact names and addresses.
- Announcements. We have a mailing list of more than 1700 Black Swan fans (folks who want to know about our performances) and maintain it diligently. We can direct flyers to specific locations for the best response to your event.
- Internet. We provide frequent updates to this Web page, including information on your event well in advance of the performance date. Look for a synopsis of the band's performance history on this site as well. We also send out regular calendar updates to online subscribers.
- Other. We provide posters for display; handouts at events; networking with our informal fan club; and we're constantly looking for new and exciting ways to get the word out about your event!